WORSHIP & ARTS DIRECTOR
Halifax Christian Church is a congregation that gathers in the Clayton Park area of Halifax. The church was planted in 1981 and the current weekly attendance ranges from 300 - 325 people and we are seeing new people each week. Sunday morning gatherings are a time of celebration of what God is doing in and through our people.
The mission of Halifax Christian Church is to: Love God. Love People. Serve the World.
We want to know Jesus and make Him known.
The vision of the Worship & Arts Ministry is to create a musical and artistic environment that encourages genuine worship in the life of God’s Church and inspires people towards fulfilling the mission of the Church.
WORSHIP & ARTS MINISTRY
The Worship & Arts Ministry strives to embody the following characteristics:
- Gift-Oriented Leadership (Romans 12:8; Ephesians 4:12)
- Cultural Relevance (1 Corinthians 9:19)
- Excellence (Galatians 6:4; Colossians 3:23-24)
- Teamwork (Ecclesiastes 4:9; Romans 12:5)
- Authenticity (2 Corinthians 1:12; Ephesians 4:25)
The current worship style at HCC is a contemporary sound. Instruments generally used in worship include, but are not limited to, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, drums, synthesizer & keyboard.
The Worship & Arts Director of Halifax Christian Church is responsible for ensuring that the aspects of the Sunday gathering experience, including music, sound, and visuals, are done with excellence in order to honour God and inspire our people. The Director is responsible to plan and implement the praise and worship component of HCC gatherings.
Regular Job Functions
1/ Lead a team in the creation and operation of all aspects of praise and worship for Sunday gatherings.
2/ Primary Worship Leader and Musician
- Lead the majority of praise and worship in most worship gatherings (2 – 3 times per month). We currently have worship leaders whose skills we would like to see continue to be used and developed. We also want to make sure the Director has opportunities to rest and simply participate in worship.
- Help lead the planning (along with pastors/others) and execution of special gatherings including different formats and forms of musical and creative expression.
- Lead/ensure the worship team(s) practice.
- Ensure all necessary positions are filled for gatherings through the use of Planning Centre.
3/ Develop and Maintain Worship Teams
- Recruit, audition, train, and encourage all teams – musicians, vocalists, audio-visual presentation, sound, and video; allowing for a healthy rotation of team members. We do not encourage ‘teams of one’ as it leads to discouragement and burn out. We already have many people who serve in these areas.
- Develop a team of assistants to lead various roles in the ministry (i.e. Sound Team Leader, AV Team Leader). This can be done over time.
- Conduct meetings and team training as needed.
- Oversee “Planning Center Online” and “Pro-Presenter” software, ensuring that they are kept up to date.
- Manage Worship & Arts budget.
- Help to oversee equipment maintenance, repairs, and replacement purchases. Our Associate Pastor can help in this area.
- Ensure the stage is kept clean and organized.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
Education & Experience
This position requires a strong musical background and ministry experience, preferably with a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a music/worship ministry. The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess a passion for leading others in praising God, a strong love for music, creativity and excellence. He or she should also have the heart of a life-long learner and want to continue the development of their gifts and skills. This person should be a baptized believer who agrees with the mission, vision, values, and beliefs of HCC. This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
The Worship & Arts Director position is a part-time position that will encompass approximately 15 hours per week. Compensation will be discussed with applicants.
Prior to being offered the role, the selected candidate will be asked to provide at least three personal/professional references that can be interviewed confidentially regarding the candidate’s capabilities.
If interested, please forward resume to email@example.com.
If you would like to download a copy of this job description please click here.