Halifax Christian Church is a congregation that gathers in the Clayton Park area of Halifax. The church was planted in 1981 and currently weekly attendance ranges from 190 - 205 people and we are seeing new people each week. Sunday morning gatherings are a time of celebration of what God is doing in and through our people.
The mission of Halifax Christian Church is to: Love God. Love People. Serve the World.
The vision of the Worship & Arts Ministry is to create a musical and artistic environment that encourages genuine worship in the life of God’s church and inspires people towards fulfilling the mission of HCC.
WORSHIP & ARTS MINISTRY
The Worship & Arts Ministry strives to embody the following characteristics:
- Gift-Oriented Leadership (Romans 12:8, Ephesians 4:12)
- Cultural Relevance (1 Corinthians 9:19)
- Excellence (Galatians 6:4, Colossians 3:23-24)
- Teamwork (Ecclesiastes 4:9, Romans 12:5)
- Authenticity (2 Corinthians 1:12, Ephesians 4:25)
The current worship style at HCC is guitar-driven, contemporary sound. Instruments generally used in worship now include, but are not limited to, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, drums/beat-box, synthesizer & keyboard.
The Worship & Arts Director of Halifax Christian Church is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the Sunday gathering experience including music, sound, visual and creative arts are done with excellence in order to honour God and inspire our people. The Director is responsible to plan and implement the praise and worship component of all HCC gatherings.
REGULAR JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead a team of volunteers in the creation and operation of all aspects of praise and worship for Sunday gatherings.
- Primary Worship Leader and Musician
- Lead the majority of praise and worship in most worship gatherings (2 – 3 times per month).
- Lead the planning and execution of upcoming gatherings including different formats and forms of musical and creative expression
- Lead the praise team practice on a consistent evening each week (Currently Monday evenings).
- Ensure all necessary positions are filled for gatherings.
- Develop and Maintain all Worship & Creative Arts Teams
- Recruit, audition, train, encourage and ensure the spiritual care of all teams – musicians, vocalists, audio-visual presentation, sound, video and creative arts; allowing for a healthy rotation of team members. We do not encourage or permit teams of one as it leads to discouragement and burn out.
- Lead a “Planning Team” that meets weekly to create thematic gatherings
- Develop and disciple a team of assistants to lead various roles in the ministry (i.e. Sound Team Leader, AV Team Leader)
- Oversee application/interview of new volunteers for Worship & Arts Teams
- Conduct meetings and team training as needed
- Oversee “Planning Center Online” and “Pro-Presenter” software, ensuring that they are kept up to date.
- Plan and manage Worship & Arts budget
- Oversee equipment maintenance, repairs, and replacement purchases
- Ensure the stage is kept clean and organized
- Attend staff meetings as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a strong musical and creative background and ministry experience, preferably with a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a music/worship ministry leadership capacity. The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess a passion for leading others in praising God, a strong love for music, creativity and excellence. He or she should also have the heart of a life-long learner and want to continue the development of their gifts and skills. This person should be a baptized believer who agrees with the mission, vision, values, and beliefs of HCC. This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
The Worship & Arts Director position is a part-time position that will encompass approximately 15-20 hours per week.
It is understood that like any member of Halifax Christian Church, the candidate will offer volunteer hours in addition to their employment. The candidate is expected to be part of a Life Group at HCC.
Prior to being offered the role, the selected candidate will be asked to provide at least three personal/professional references that can be interviewed confidentially regarding the candidate’s capabilities.
Click HERE to download job description.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org